BEC is an official United States Pony Club (USPC) Riding Center! USPC Riding Centers offer instruction in line with the Pony Club mission:
The United States Pony Clubs, Inc., develops character, leadership, confidence and a sense of community in youth through a program that teaches the care of horses and ponies, riding and mounted sports.
Focusing on these core values, Pony Club Members learn and practice:
- Horsemanship with respect to healthcare, nutrition, stable management, handling and riding a mount safely, correctly and with confidence
- Organized teamwork including cooperation, communication, responsibility, leadership, mentoring, teaching and fostering a supportive yet competitive environment
- Respect for the horse and self through horsemanship; for land through land conservation; and for others through service and teamwork
- Service by providing an opportunity for members, parents, and others to support the Pony Club program locally, regionally and nationally through volunteerism
- Education at an individual pace to achieve personal goals and expand knowledge through teaching others.
Pony Club teaches children how to ride on the flat, over fences and in the open. In addition, BEC Pony Club members have access to the opportunities and activities that USPC provides for its members, including Clinics, International Exchanges, National Youth Congress, Championships, College Scholarships and so much more!
To find out more about Pony Club Membership at BEC, contact Julia Nichols at lessons@brickhouseEC.com or 843-559-2287.